Claris launch their latest Custom App Creator
Claris FileMaker 19.2.2
Here at Compass Data, we’re excited to hear about the release of Claris’ third iteration of their new app creation tool in the latest FileMaker Pro release 19.2.2, which is full of great new features like built-in templates, button actions, list-detail layouts, and more.
What’s new in Claris FileMaker 19.2.2.
Creating apps in a web browser takes another step forward, plus other great updates.
Claris FileMaker Pro 19.2.2 and Claris FileMaker Cloud 18.104.22.168.
In this new release, Claris have included a quick-start feature to provide a faster way to get started and move on to creating custom applications. The new feature can also help you quickly build prototype apps for demos or a proof of concept that can be expanded later.
Check out what’s new in this latest release:
• Ready-made templates: Jump start app creation with preconfigured tables for managing assets, contacts, products, and staff. Or explore built-in kanban boards, calendars, heatmaps, and more for inspiration. They’re all customizable so you can explore ways to make them your own.
• List-detail layouts: For easy record navigation, display a list and detail view on the same layout.
• Button actions: Select from commonly used actions, such as go to a specific layout or create a new record, to control how a button works on a layout. This set of actions is just a start – more are planned for the future.
• Conditional formatting: Format fields, like the text or background color, based on a list of predefined conditions. Get visual cues when inventory is running low or a due date is approaching.
• New field types: Use the new predefined telephone and currency fields to get started more quickly. Telephone numbers and dollar values are automatically formatted, for fast, error-free data entry. These field types support US and Canada formats only for now, but more formats coming in future iterations.
• Top Navigation bar: Build automatic navigation throughout your app. No scripting needed.
• Quick upload: Easily upload quick-start apps from FileMaker Pro to FileMaker Cloud. Just click Sharing and select Upload to Host.
FileMaker Pro 19.2.2 also includes new functions and bug fixes.